General Rules: Contests and Promotions
As part of Stephens Media Group’s programming strategies, the network and each company-owned radio station may conduct on-air contests and giveaways and other promotional activities where listeners have the ability to win cash and other valuable items.
The following are the general rules governing any contest and promotions initiated and sponsored by SMG Redding. Unless modified to fit certain promotional strategies, the following rules shall apply:
1. Officers, employees, and employee-volunteers of SMG and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Further, any former Officer, employee and employee-volunteers of SMG or any of its subsidiaries is prohibited from qualifying for and/or winning a prize of any value until 24 consecutive months has passed since the last day of their employment with SMG.
2. Members of all forms of media (including but not limited to TV, Radio, Online and newspaper) are ineligible to win any prize.
3. The decision of SMG in verifying and confirming qualifiers and or winners will be final. SMG shall reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as it deems necessary.
4. Prizes are non-transferable. SMG reserves the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised may become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than the original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trios can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
5. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by SMG. It is the responsibility of the winners to pay necessary and applicable taxes due on these prizes. Winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more shall be asked to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Winners who win prizes valued at a total of $600.00 during a calendar year shall be sent Form 1099-MISC. This IRS reporting form shall reflect the suggested total value of the prizes won by a single winner during the calendar year. The suggested total value of the prizes may not be the value subject to income taxes.
6. Winners shall be requested to provide photo identification upon claiming of prizes. Certain winners shall also be required to sign a release and authorize SMG and it’s radio network to use winners’ name in future promotions and contests. Winners shall also authorize SMG to put on the air their voices and comments as a form of testimonial to be used strictly for promotional purposes only.
7. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prize shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash Prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
8. Participants may win only once during a three month period. Winners are ineligible to participate and win a prize until three months from the date of their last win. For major prizes with a value of $600 or more, winner must wait one full calendar year before winning a contest on any of SMG’s stations. These limitations also apply to family and/or household members for both winning and qualifications for prizes. Only one qualifier/winner per family or household per contest.
9. Due to the coverage of SMG nationwide, contests may be void where prohibited.
10. No purchase is necessary to participate in any contest initiated and/or sponsored by SMG Redding.
11. A copy of these rules may be picked up at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive in Redding California 96002 during normal business hours or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the above address.
12. These rules are subject to change or modification at any time by SMG Redding.
Stephens Family Limited Partnership
Owner of all Stephens Media Group Radio Stations
Win A Trip To Hawaii Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION DATES
KWLZ-FM is participating in a multi-market, multi-station cash giveaway Promotion called “Win A Trip To Hawaii” with 17 Stephens Media Group radio stations, in 11 separate markets starting on Monday, July 10, 2023, and ending on Friday, August 4, 2023.
- To enter, listen to a participating radio station during the Promotion Dates for the Station’s announcement of a Keyword as well as a Cue to enter. Each weekday, during the Promotion Dates, there will be three (3) different keywords announced per day, with ONE keyword announced during the 8am hour, ONE keyword announced during the 12pm hour, and ONE keyword announced during the 4pm hour, along with a Cue to enter each keyword on the participating station’s website for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
- Entrants may enter one (1) time per keyword, and there will be 60 keywords total during the Promotion Dates. All entries received, from all participating radio stations of the Promotion, is considered one Entry Period. There will be a total of one (1) Entry Period for this Contest.
- Following the Entry Period, Stephens Media Group will conduct a random drawing from among all entries from all participating radio stations on or around August 7, 2023. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected and called by an employee of Stephens Media Group. Once reached by phone, the randomly selected entrant will be notified of their potential prize award (upon confirmation of eligibility). At the time of the call, the randomly selected entrant will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address, day and evening phone numbers, date of birth to verify eligibility and Social Security number for tax purposes.
- Grand Prize will be awarded, at the Company’s discretion, as four (4) Round Trip Coach Airline tickets from one of the airports closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s Home Address to Honolulu, HI, a five (5) night Hotel Stay in Honolulu, HI, four (4) 3-Day Go City Attraction Passes, and a $500 Visa Gift Card. The Grand Prize Winner will be given up to 3 options of travel dates to choose from and all travel MUST be completed by 2/28/2024.
- The Grand Prize will be booked within four weeks upon verification of eligibility and receipt of all completed prize winner paperwork. All taxes, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
- Participating Station may award additional prizes furnished by local sponsors. Awarding of these prizes will not affect eligibility for the Grand Prize, and those potential prizes will be drawn solely from local participants.
- Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes in the Promotion is $10,000.
- WINNER SELECTION
- Decisions of Stephens Media Group with respect to the Promotion are final.
- A listener and/or household may only win one Grand Prize during the Promotion and must be 18 years or older.
- Stephens Media Group is not responsible for any or all technical difficulties during Promotion. Streaming audio could be delayed for several minutes decreasing a streaming Entrant’s chance of qualifying.
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s permission for Stephens Media Group, and all participating radio stations, to use his/her name, prize won, city of residence, recorded voice, and/or likeness for promotional purposes.
- Stephens Media Group reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion at any time, without notice, on any or all participating radio stations.
- Failure to comply with the Promotion rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Stephens Media Group.
- All standard Stephens Media Group contest rules not specifically covered in these rules also apply. Standard contest rules are available on the station’s website at wild993fm.com.
- A copy of the Official Rules is available, during regular business hours, at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive Redding, Ca 96002 and on the station’s website at wild993fm.com.
- PARTICIPATING RADIO STATIONS
KWAV, KHTN, KABX, KWLZ, KTMT, KCMX, KZBD, KKSR, KUJ, KKAJ, KXOJ, KMYZ, WFRY, WCIZ, WRMM, KLAA, KEDG